Hall Memorial Library’s mission is to provide access to a variety of ideas, support an informed citizenry, and enrich the cultural lives of the people of the towns of Tilton and Northfield. To best accomplish these goals we endeavor to identify the changing informational, educational, cultural and recreational needs of the community and assemble, organize, and maintain materials and programs that satisfy these needs.
- To serve the community as a center for reliable information by providing high quality material: books, periodicals, and electronically accessed media, which reflect varying points of view.
- To encourage use of the library by all community members.
- To support educational, civic, and cultural activities in the community.
- To promote and encourage literacy through collection development and programs
- To cooperate with other libraries in the state by participation in the New Hampshire Library Association and the statewide automated interlibrary loan network.
- To meet standards set by the American Library Association and the New Hampshire State Library for public libraries in towns of similar populations.
- To adhere to the tenets of the Library Bill of Rights and the “Freedom to Read” statement as set forth by the American Library Association.
Approved 3/2/04Updated and approved 1/3/06, August 2016