- Patrons must have borrowed and returned on time material belonging to Hall Memorial Library before we will borrow anything from another library for them. We have a 3 month probationary period, which can be extended or shortened at the discretion of the ILL Librarian.
- A patron may have up to 4 active ILL’s at a time.
- We will search the NHUPAC for material and if we are unsuccessful, ask the NHAIS-ILL list for the item. If it is not available within the state, we will consider searching out of state at the discretion of the ILL staff.
- Borrowed materials will be due at Hall Memorial Library so that we can return them to the lending library in a timely manner.
- Fines for overdue ILL material shall be higher than fines for our own material.
- If our patron requests a renewal, we will attempt to oblige by contacting the lending library, unless it has been marked as nonrenewable.
- Patrons who return ILL material late will not be eligible for the service unless the ILL librarians determine otherwise.
- Materials for book discussions may be requested through the NHUPAC or NHAIS-ILL depending on the nature of the request.
- Patrons must return the included barcode bookmark or they will be charged a $2.00 replacement fee.
- Hall Memorial Library will lend any available circulating materials to other libraries in the state whether the requests are generated by email or through NHUPAC.
- Due dates will be between 4 and 6 weeks depending on the popularity of the material.
- Reserves made by our patrons will be honored before we will take reserves from other libraries.
- General NHAIS requests will be filled at the discretion of the ILL librarians.
- Photocopies will be sent at the discretion of the ILL librarians.
- ILL requests, both to and from the Hall Memorial Library, will be read daily except Sundays, with the occasional exception.
Updated and approved August 2016